The clubhouse originally opened in 1934, in a four storey mansion just a few hundred meters away, which was donated by Lord Salisbury. (The Owner of Hatfield House, and much of the Old Hatfield area.)
The club has been a going concern since moving to it's present site in 1970 and is in the enviable position of being just yards away from the Main entrance to Hatfield House and virtually opposite Hatfield Railway Station, which also serves as the local bus station.
We are a family oriented club, where members and their guests can have a night out and not have to worry about getting babysitters to look after the children. We do insist though that parents take responsibility for their childrens behaviour at all times whilst
they are in the clubhouse.
We have a garden area where members can enjoy a drink outside, weather permitting, with plenty of seating for the comfort of those who wish to enjoy the great outdoors. We also have two smoking shelters with seating, lighting and heating. One of which is in the front garden and one in the car park at the rear of the club.
On Bank Holidays, we have a barbecue when the wonderful british weather allows, and we have a bouncy castle for the members and guests children to enjoy
themselves on. We also have live entertainment on most Bank Holidays and these days have become extremely popular.